Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Kale..well actually food in general!

Hey y'all! So my post today is about food, freaking yum! So I'll start off with the fact that I just finished making my lunch for tomorrow. You're probably wondering why in the sam hill I'm making lunch for tomorrow, but I have several good reasons!  

  1.  I'm too lazy to wake-up early and make it (true story-I love sleep). 
  2. It's way cheaper to bring your lunch, instead of running down to the cafeteria for a greasy $3.00 cheeseburger, chips and a drink. 
  3. I work in healthcare and while we work some of the longest shifts...we get the shortest lunches (I only get 30 mins, I'm not even joking!). As much as I love spending half of my lunch waiting in line to get my food, I'd much rather go and sit on my butt and relax!
So I know you guys are dying to know I'm so excited for my lunch tomorrow! My lunch includes a PB and banana whole wheat sandwich, baby carrots, strawberries, celery and (the basis for today's post) KALE! 

Kale has been all over Pinterest lately, what with kale chips and all, but I'll be the first to admit...I'm a picky eater. I tried making kale chips and couldn't even stomach them let's just say that I was not a fan. But I've had kale before, it's actually the baking of the green. While I understand that cooking some veggies is actually better than eating them raw, I can only eat 2 cooked veggies (broccoli and carrots). So today I was catching up on some grocery shopping today and whilst carousing the produce section, I came upon baby kale and decided to give kale another shot. This time, I decided not the cook the kale, but just drizzle it in EVOO and garlic sea salt. It turned out AHHHHmazing! Here's the super simple recipe:
  • Rinse the kale, pat dry with a paper towel
  • Put the kale in a container with a lid so you can shake it up 
  • Drizzle kale with EVOO (I purchased Bertolli spray EVOO) and garlic sea salt (McCormick with the grinder)
  • Shake that kale, sista! 
  • Enjoy! 
See y'all, super simple! (I patted the kale dry because I wanted the salt and EVOO to stick to the kale)

Well, that's it for today...before I go I wanted to give thanks to all our country's veterans, previously served or currently serving. Freedom isn't free, especially for our soldiers who give their sweat, blood, tears and lives to keep out country and it's beloved citizens free. Many thanks! Hope you all enjoyed today's post!

1 comment:

  1. I HATE making lunch in the morning. Sometimes I would rather not eat lunch then make my lunch. I don't know why it is such torture haha :)

    ReplyDelete